PIER 39 Marina is made up of 300 privately-owned subleased slips. First purchased in 1984 for a 50 year period, these subleases can be resold to new lessees. Subleases carry monthly assessment fees, which contribute to the general marina fund that pays for repairs and improvements to the common areas.
There are two ways to become a tenant at PIER 39 Marina. You can rent a slip, or buy the remaining time on a sublease.
What’s available at the marina?
PARKING! PIER 39 Marina has convenient parking in the PIER 39 garage, located directly across the street from the
Entrance Plaza. We have a tenant discount arrangement with the PIER 39 Parking Garage. Parking fees
are paid directly to the garage management. You will be billed against a standing garage credit,
deposited for parking use.
POWER & WATER! Each slip has both power and water. Water is free. Electricity is sub-metered and you pay for what you
use. We have 30A 125V electric outlets on all 36, 40 and 45 foot boat slips. We have 50A 125V outlets
on the 50 foot slips. A select few 50’ docks have 50A 125/250V outlets.
PUMP OUT! The pump out station is located on A Dock. If you want your boat serviced regularly, you can contract with Bay Green who has a boat stationed in our marina.
DOUBLE FINGER SLIPS!
RENT A SLIP At PIER 39
A Slip Renter has signed a month to month rental agreement to occupy a Sublease Owner’s dock space. Slip Renters may submit a 30 day notice to terminate their monthly agreement, or may in turn be given a 30 day notice should a Sublease Owner wish to re-occupy their slip.
Required application documents :
- Completed Rental Application
- Current DMV registration in your name OR USCG Documentation (Official Coast Guard Travel letter dated w/in past 3 months accepted).
- Current Insurance to $500,000
- Proof of Residency (residential lease or land-based utility bill).
- Current survey required for boats over 20 years old.
- No houseboats of any kind.
All docs must be in legal boatowner’s name.
MONTHLY RENTAL RATES and availability as of 1 SEP2021
- 36′ x 13′ $439.00 per month -10 available slips!
- 40′ x 14′ $496.00 per month – 9 available slips!
- 45′ x 15′ $570.00 per month – 1 available slips!
- 50′ x 18′ $651.00 per month – 2 available slips!
- 60′ x 20′ $707.00 per month – sorry none available at this time.
Download the 2020 Monthly Rental Application – we can show you a list of available slips once your application has been accepted.
BECOME A SUBLEASE OWNER
Sublease Owners have purchased the remainder of time on a sublease of space at PIER 39, expiring in 2034. Sublease Owners are responsible for monthly assessment fees which upkeep the docks and the tenant common areas.
MONTHLY “DOCKUMINIUM” RATES
- 36′ x 13′ $353.16 per month
- 40′ x 14′ $392.40 per month
- 45′ x 15′ $441.45 per month
- 50′ x 18′ $490.50 per month
- 60′ x 20′ $588.60 per month
There are many reasons to buy a slip lease and as many reasons to sell one. The best reason to buy a slip lease is that you love the location.
Sublease Owners may dock their own vessel, or put their slip into BMMI’s rental program for Sublease Owners.
IMPORTANT! All tenants must show proof of current insurance and registration (and vessel survey if 25+ years old) before the vessel will be allowed into the marina.