Unique Opportunities for Unique People!
MARINA MAINTENANCE WORKER AND HARBOR PATROL
The Marina Maintenance Worker will be responsible for general repair and safety of all marina facilities and docks. The ideal candidate will possess working knowledge and experience with operating work boats, power tool operations and construction. The ideal candidate will also possess CPR certification and / or other relevant water safety / rescue experience.
- Current skills, knowledge and proven experience to perform all the below duties and responsibilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong command of the English language
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified (or willing to train)
- Must have a sense of Humor!
- Work under the direction of the Marina Maintenance Supervisor to perform all duties pertinent to the repair and maintenance and safety of all marina facilities and docks according to standard operation procedures and policies as set forth by the Marina Manager
- Provides repair, maintenance, refurbishment and construction of dock fingers and walkways
- Performs routine repairs, maintenance and replacement of dock side mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems
- Provides emergency response for immediate dock repairs or maintenance
- Tows tenant boats and debris as directed by Marina Maintenance Supervisor
- Ability to operate and tow with the marina patrol/work boats
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Basic knowledge and experience with power tool operations and construction
- Must have valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening
- Must be able to swim
- Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations
- Some overtime and weekend work
- Willingness to participate in all training pertinent to the position
VARIOUS EQUIPMENT USED IN POSITION:
The following includes but is not limited to:
- electric cart operation
- automobile operation
- hand and power (maintenance) tools
- hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Painting, Cleaning, etc
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
This is Heavy Work!
Candidates must be able to frequently or constantly exert up to 100 pounds of force to move objects. Must work over water with power tools.
Lots of standing/ bending /walking /kneeling /climbing/ pushing/ lifting required.
Marina Administrator I
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Marina Office Administrator
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday
Provides general administrative support and tenant /guest relations for the Marina Office.
- Responds to all requests sent to firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
- Performs office open and close procedures.
- Assists customers, vendors and guest at the front desk.
- Answers phones and responds to general inquiries.
- Processes all submitted Marina Office documents
- Audits tenant documents for accuracy and compliance with sublease requirements.
- Updates the slip sales map on website as directed by supervisor.
- Creates content for all Social Media Platforms
- Orders supplies.
- Disseminate information and general notices to Marina tenants and owners.
- Guest Relations
- Respond to guest docking inquiries and make reservations.
- Create, populate and maintain guest accounts
- Liase with Security regarding guest docking reservations.
- Tenant Relations
- Create, populate and maintain accurate tenant records.
- Assist tenants and guests with inquiries, research and follow up.
- Process submitted rental applications for submission and review to V/P of marina operations.
- Maintain tenant waitlists.
- Enter all payments into the Total Marina Package software suite.
- Review and Balance the daily transactions.
- Deposit daily sales with cash control.
- Maintain and balance petty cash.
- Assist the department on an as needed basis.
- Assign, track, and report on electronic key fob system.
- Audit tenant parking cards.
Mid-Level. Uses established procedures and works on routine tasks with direct supervision.
Bachelor’s degree (BA) from four-year College or university preferred, or relevant experience.
Must have some Boating or marina experience.
- Excel with some accounting experience.
- Microsoft Teams
- Must be detail-oriented, resourceful, self-motivated and highly organized.
- Requires strong command of the English language and excellent verbal/telephone and written communication skills.
- Must work well under pressure and have the ability to set priorities, meet deadline commitments and have proven history of ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Flexible hours, including overtime and weekends, on an as needed basis.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment on assignments, projects and objectives.
- Presents a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must have valid California driver’s license and proof of insurability.
- Must have or be willing to obtain CPR and basic first aid certification.
- Must be able to swim.
- Must be able to respond calmly and think clearly in emergency situations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Light Work – Position involves sitting, standing and walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 25 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 25 pounds of force to move objects.
Interested? Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Marina Administrator 1.